Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Croptopia Day 2 Layout Featuring Close to My Heart Flip Flaps

Happy Tuesday and happy Tax Day to my U.S. readers. I hope you all get refunds! I realized this weekend that I never wrote a review of Day 2 of Croptopia. I guess that's because there wasn't much to say other than I got a few more pages done, one of them being this layout for the Giant's scrapbook project.





I love these CTMH Flip Flaps! Check them out at www.scrappinhounds.ctmh.com. If you decide to order, remember to join my April 27th Gathering before submitting your order!


Materials Used:

Close to My Heart's 3x3 Flip Flap
MME Celebrate chipboard elements
AC Thickers "Reindeer"
Stickles "Platinum"
MME Izzy Smile Regard 12x12
Bella Blvd. Making the Team 12x12
Core'dinations Whitewash Collection "Grandpa's Trunk" 12x12
Core'dinations Foundations "Caspian" 12x12
Bella Blvd. Selfie 12x12
Prima Hello Pastel metal clip
The Twinery twine in Seaweed Stripe

Day 2 consisted of earning lots raffle tickets for the photo scavenger hunt, basket raffle, and layout contest.

Basket I donated to crop. Theme: A Whole Lotta Holtz. It contained paper, ink, and a lot of doodads.

I did not win a single prize...not shocking I can assure you. But overall, I had a good time. I wasn't as productive as I have been at other crops but at least I got a big project started (see Giant scrapbook project above).  I hope to have it done in time for my husband's birthday in June.  I do have one negative thing to report. I had a CTMH paper pack, "Balloon Ride," and my new Glue Dots dispenser stolen from me.  Who steals at a crop? I have never had this happen to me before. The organizer let us know at the beginning of the weekend that she had 3 Cricut cartridges stolen from the technology table at the last event she hosted. These particular cartridges sell for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

Do I need to worry about my stuff now at weekend crops? Have you ever been stolen from?

Thanks for stopping by and stay scrappy!

-Gina & the Hounds

3 comments:

  1. what a great page! love your handwriting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people! It constantly surprises me that I come home from every class I teach at SITC with everything. Everyone there is great about making sure I get all my stuff back. I love teaching there! I'm not suspicious by nature...it just would be so easy, even understandable to get things mixed up. The generosity and good will of papercrafters was one of the things that drew me into this "craft" (hobby, obsession...). Paper curses on the one who stole from you :.

    ReplyDelete