Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Cameo Has Arrived!

Happy Hump Day with the Hounds! Today's featured pup is Bailey. This photo is called, "Where's Daddy?"


It's here, it's really here!



I can finally say that I am the proud owner of the Silhouette Cameo. It has been over 3 months that I have been without an electronic die-cutting machine and I sure missed it. If you recall from a previous post(http://scrappinwithhounds.blogspot.com/2014/03/happy-birthday-bax.html?m=1), I left Team Cricut and am now a member of the Cameo community. I know there are still many out there who are die-hard Cricut customers and I hope the Explore gives you what you are looking for and makes up for the past poor customer service, Imagine, and all the other products Provo Craft has discontinued and no longer supports. I have just started playing with the Cameo but leading up to its arrival, I have been watching YouTube videos and reading message boards, trying to absorb all of the awesome things this machine can do. My very first cut was of this bone, (of course),


and I successfully was able to print and cut (this is why I bought an Imagine in the first place but when it arrived, it wouldn't cut. Lucky for me, I had EBay Buyer Protection behind me. Many were not so lucky.)

Print & cut chicks from the Silhouette store

An awesome YouTube channel I found for Cameo tutorials is Sarah's World 4 U. Silhouette America has its own channel as well and is extremely helpful, especially with the more advanced features of the machine.

My only complaint with the Cameo is that I can't make it cut from my iPad. There is an app called Splashtop that enables you to use the Design Studio (it allows you to connect to your laptop remotely) but because there is no way to plug a USB cable into an iPad, it doesn't solve my "I don't want to schlep my laptop along with all of my other bags of crap to a crop" dilemma. For those of you fortunate enough to have a Surface Pro 2, you can do what I wish I could do with my iPad and travel light (it has a USB port).

I plan to upgrade to the designer software soon and my very first task will be to scan a stamped CTMH image and cut it out! If you have any favorite Cameo blogs, channels, tips or tricks, I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks for stopping by and as always, stay scrappy!

-Gina & the Hounds




2 comments:

  1. I used the print and cut feature for the first time on mine the other day, and it blew my mind, lol. Have fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an Cameo, too and love it! I have yet to discover its many features...Have fun with yours:)

    ReplyDelete